Welcome to the website and blog of D.L. Morrese, author of unique speculative fiction including the seriously humorous Warden epic adventure stories. Here is where he shares his philosophical musings, mutterings about the life of an author, insights about writing, book reviews, and occasional comments on other things that momentarily excite, annoy, or distract him. Under the various tabs, you can also find out more about his books and the amazing world on which they are set.
You are more than welcome to browse here a bit, check out the previews of his books and other content, and, if you wish, to provide comments. He does read them.
Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Isaac Asimov, Carl Sagan, Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, and many others. He doesn’t write like them; he writes like him, but these are among the people he never met who taught him to do so.
What people are saying about his books:
- “it’s laugh-out-loud funny…the grammar is refreshingly precise and the vocabulary, well, scrumptious” ~ Maria T. Violante “Write, Read, Review” on The Warden Threat
- “…shows the influence of Terry Pratchett in style and current events in the overall plot. The book is easy to read, but hardly simplistic…Occasionally laugh out loud funny.” ~ Review by M. A. Goethe “Margaret” on The Warden Threat
- My favorite element was the development of Donald’s character as he undergoes the hero’s journey – I look forward to seeing what other adventures he will face with his friends.” ~ P.H.C. Marchesi on The Warden Threat
- “It passed my 5-star test, which means I would pick it up and read it again…. I loved the characters…. This book pokes fun at just about everything. Not only at your typical fantasy adventure story.” ~ wilovebooks Reviews on The Warden Threat
- “It’s a skillfully executed work by a talented author with a unique voice.” ~ Tahlia Newland on The Warden Threat
- “D.L. really makes a world you can believe in with his writing. …the story is so engaging and plausible that I really felt like it could have happened.” ~ Kate Policani on The Warden War
- “The Warden War’ sucked me in … and I really cared about the characters and what happens next. For me, the success of a novel is driven by the story and ‘The Warden War’ is a great story! I highly recommend this to any reader who enjoys SciFi or Fantasy. I can’t wait for his next book. ~ Gary Clarke
- This somewhat quirky, somewhat light sci-fi/fantasy story was just what I was looking for. The characters were interesting and believable, and it made for a really fun, well-written, well-edited book. … I hope there is another book to follow. ~ SamanthaSSJ on Defying Fate
- I loved Amy’s Pendant … Morrese’s humor and little hints of levity that made the Warden series so compelling continue in this novel. ~ Rabid Readers Too review of Amy’s Pendant
- “…written levels above the average book on the market today. Certainly books to entertain and to make the reader THINK and laugh.” ~ Don Livesay
- There is a whimsy in the way Morrese writes that could be called light fantasy. His work is infused with humor and intelligence and general good fun for the reader. I am a big fan of Douglas Adams and Jasper Fforde…. Morrese writes with the same spirit as these authors. ~ Rabid Readers review of Disturbing Clockwork